REPORTS TO: Sales & Food and Beverage Manager
The Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for co-ordinating the delivery of all food and beverage for functions held in the Hotel and all details pertaining to functions being held in all Banquet and Meeting rooms in keeping with the standards prescribed by management. The position is primarily concerned with front of house activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achievement of budgeted food sales, beverage sales
- Achieve maximum profitability and over-all success by quality of service.
- Participation and input towards F & B Marketing activities.
- Control of Banquet Melamine, cutlery, glassware and equipment.
- Completion of function delivery sheets in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Help in preparation of forecast and actual budget function sheets.
- Completion of weekly schedules. Schedule staff as necessary to ensure adequate and consistent levels of service.
- To supervise and co-ordinate daily operation of meeting/banquet set-ups and service.
- Following of proper purchasing and requisitioning procedures.
- Maintain records for inventory, labour cost, food cost etc.
- Follow-up each function by completing a Function Critique and submit to the Sales & Food and Beverage Manager.
- Attendance and participation of weekly F & B meeting and Department Head meeting.
- To assist in menu planning and pricing.
- Development and maintenance of all department control procedures.
- Development and maintenance of department manual.
Supervision of weekly payroll input.
- Provides function employee list and hours for gratuities distribution.
- Provides labour costing information for Function Statements.
- Consistent check of Banquet Food and Beverage quality, Banquet services and Plate presentation.
- Ensuring that services meet customer specifications.
- Quality of meeting room set-up.
- Liaise on an on-going basis with the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure all client needs and requirements will be met.
- Work with the Chef and Head Server to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Greet the customer upon arrival.
- Provide quick service for last minute changes.
- Check Food & Beverage or coffee Break schedule if applicable.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Staff attitude and appearance.
- Teamwork/Relations with co-workers and management.
- Staff is properly trained.
- Inspection of Meeting Room prior to guest arrival ensuring that client specifications have been met.
- Co-ordinate the general housekeeping of the Ballroom, Lower Lobby, Lower public washrooms, kitchen, storage areas, entrance areas, etc.
- Participation towards overall Hotel Maintenance and cleanliness.
- Effective communication skills.
- Staff training and development.
- Department meeting being held monthly.
- Personal development and growth.
- Discipline of Personnel when required.
- Salary CTC: 25,000 to 35,000