- Cost accountants are responsible for budgeting, cost management, performance evaluation and asset management within a company or organization. They typically collaborate as part of an executive team to create a financial plan for the organization. they may prepare financial reports for tax authorities, creditors, stockholders and regulatory agencies.
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as material purchases, inventory and labor.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports