The position is responsible in managing the front of the house operations of the hotel ensuring that the highest standard of service and the best possible guest experience is maintained. Establishes and maintains professional relationship with hotel guests and patrons.
- Manages operation of the Front Desk. Ensures that policies and procedures are complied with the highest standard of service and guest satisfaction.
- Reviews room’s availability status, room blockage and special requests on a daily basis through working closely with Reservation Manager.
- Monitors open and close on day status to maximize room revenue and demonstrate the concept of yield management.
- Regularly meet OTA’s & corporate clients for maximum output. Actively monitor OTA’s & GDS maintenance & productivity.
- Maintain hotel website’s functionality & ensure all updated information is available. Upload online room packages time to time for maximum revenue.
- Ensures that budget and cost effectiveness at the Front Desk are achieved.
- Works closely with Housekeeping and Engineering on daily operations regards to guestroom status. Play lead role for Room Division meeting.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by achieving the prescribed service quality norms, interacting with guests, handling guests’ requests and resolving complaints.
- Reviews Trip Advisor feedback & response appropriately. Also monitor paid promotion on social media.
- Executes policies and procedures to achieve high degree of customer delight. Provides services to the guests in accordance to their preference and requirements, within the properties’ operational limits.
- Ensures high quality service by extensive interaction with guests and quick resolution of problems to ensure repeat patronage.
- Monitors guest comment analysis and takes proactive and corrective action wherever required.
- Reviews Front Desk Logbook daily to monitor all activities.
- Reviews all VIP room blocking.
- Ensures and participates in morning briefing, or organize afternoon hand-over briefing daily and disseminate information to Reception team as soon as possible.
- Manages the duty roster for the team members, monitors the leave process and makes appraisals and career succession plans for team members within the department.
- Appraises the performance of the department team members and provide them insights with regards to their strengths and shortcomings.
- Works in coordination with all departments to ensure smooth and efficient functioning of the Front Office.
- Screens potential team members and augment their selection process within the department on the basis of existing vacancies, while ensuring that all this is done in accordance with the organization’s policies.
- Inculcates and trains team members on Standard Operating Procedures, Service Excellence and Teamwork.
- Handles on behalf of the department all written correspondence, covering guests and inter-departmental areas.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all and promotes positive relations through an environment that encourages open communication, trust and mutual respect.
- Performs all assigned duties efficiently, technically correct, follows Company policies, rules and regulations, requests of Superiors, adheres to procedures and achieve a high standard leading to total guest and Company satisfaction.
- Updates oneself and follow security/fire/safety procedures according to Company’s rules and regulations. Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel policies relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Attends departmental meeting and training when requested.
- Performs other duties that may be assigned by immediate superiors from time to time as Night Manager or in the same capacity