The Director housekeeper reports to the General Manager/Founder/Resident Manager/Rooms division manager. He/she is responsible for the overall cleanliness and aesthetic upkeep of the hotel and maintained creative aspects of intervention & aesthetic sensibility of the hotel on entered by the founder.
* Organize, supervise and coordinate the work of housekeeping staff on day- to day basis.
* Ensure excellence in housekeeping sanitation, safety, comfort and aesthetics for hotel guests.
* Prepare duty rosters and supervise the discipline and conduct of her staff.
* Ensure proper communication within the department by conducting regular meeting with the staff.
* Recruit new employees and train them for the housekeeping jobs.
* Counsel and motivate employees on various duties.
* Establish and maintain standard operating procedures for cleaning and develop new procedures to increase efficiency of labor and product use.
* Search and test new techniques and products in the market.
* Maintain regular inventory and checking of furniture, linen, uniform, equipment’s in the hotel.
* Evaluate employee performance for promotions and transfers.
* Approval of supply requisitions for the housekeeping and to maintain minimum stock and cost control procedures for all materials.
* Check the reports, files, registers maintained in the department.
* Provide budget to the management and control of budgets
* No changes made to interior or aesthetics without consultation with founder.