Shreyas is a well-reputed educational Foundation established in 1947 in Ahmedabad India by Leenaben and Manoraben Sarabhai. It is run on the principles of Mahatma Gandhi, Ravindranath Tagore and Maria Montessori. The Foundation operates from a beautiful green campus close to Nehru Circle. It has multifarious outdoor activities for children on its vast premises besides a K12 school.
There are over 200 staff members who manage this operation guided by a board of Trustees. The position is responsible to manage and administer daily support operations of our organization and handle all HR and legal issues to ensure that they are carried out efficiently. The stakeholders in the organization include parents, children, and staff members. You will lead a team of ten to fifteen colleagues and report to the Managing Trustee or the Director.
The overall responsibility of the administration department head is to provide required support for a smooth functionary of each activity of the Shreyas Foundation.
● Manages administrative support functions, including office organization and procedures, records and files, and meetings and events planning.
● The circulation of information amongst staff, pupils and their parents in support to principal and outreach activities as well as supervising timely response to queries and clarifications including handling grievances.
● Supervising day-to-day operations of the administrative department and staff members.
( Main office, Reception, Accounts, HR , legal)
● Arrange travel and accommodations for trustees and guests of Shreyas Foundation.
● Handling all legal matters pertaining to Shreyas foundation and liaising with the different
departments of government and municipal corporation.
● Monitor HR Process includes Payroll, Statutory, Appraisal, Staff activity, Training etc.
● Handle HR staff, assign and monitor work for them and take reports. Should know the
primary responsibilities of other staff of HR and handle it as secondary responsibilities
including recruitment process and grievance handling.
● Control purchasing department budget in support of operation and ensure proper
accounting is maintained by the departments.
● Coordinating and facilitating programmes of children and external agencies that happen on
the campus premises on a regular basis.
● Understand and implement Shreyas Code of Conduct.
Admin & HR Operation / Policies and Procedures. Experience of handling legal matters in courts. Thorough knowledge of computer operations. Good communication skills. Proficiency in
Gujarati and English. A patient and calm personality who knows how to plan ahead and think long term.
Masters degree, preferably in Social Sciences.
Previous experience in a similar job role in an educational organization. At least 10+ years