Restaurant Hostess APPLY NOW
The restaurant hostess is the first employee to interact with arriving guests as they enter the restaurant. She should ensure to provide proficient and professional Food & Beverage service to the guests by meeting and also exceeding their expectations.
Welcome the guests by greeting them as per the standards and respond to customer queries by resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Go to the guest at the entrance and welcome them to and introduce yourself.
- Never walk more than three paces in front of the guest.
- Never walk too fast.
- Once at the table, pull out the chairs for the ladies first and then any other guest you can accommodate.
- Once the guests are seated, hand them the menu in their hand and tell them who their server will be. Then tell them to enjoy their evening at Your Restaurant.
- On the departure of a guest, you must make contact with them. Ask them how their evening was and say goodbye.
- If there are any complaints, retrieve a manager or supervisor immediately
- Handover the Restaurant Survey tracking form and get feedback from the guest.
- Check the reservation book for reservations for the next meal period.
- Notify the supervisor of any parties of more than six.
- Distribute reservations among all servers equally, informing them of all information necessary. For example, Birthdays, anniversaries, bill not to be taken to the table, or any other unusual requests.
- See that the reservation signs are placed on the tables.
- Inquire with the kitchen about what the daily specials are for the shift.
- Always answer the phone politely using a friendly tone and being informative.
- The telephone must be answered on a maximum of three rings.
- If a customer has any questions, it is your responsibility to answer them accurately. Therefore, know your product and price list.
- You must have complete knowledge of all food and beverage menus: The ingredients; the preparation; how items are served and with what; know your prices; know the daily specials.
- Read the Area Information Magazine to know the area and what is going on.
- Ask the day and date required.
- Ask the time they would like to dine.
- Ask how many in the party.
- Ask if they would prefer smoking or non-smoking.
- Ask under what name they would like the reservation.
- Ask for the phone number or room number.
- Ask if there is any special occasion or requirements.
- Once all of the information is obtained, repeat it to the customer using their name.
- All reservations are to be printed directly into the reservation book. Never write a reservation on a piece of paper.
- Please inform the reservation that we will hold their reservations for 15 minutes and then we will be releasing them.
- Except in emergency situations, no employees are permitted personal phone calls or have the use of the telephone at any time.
- You are not permitted to give out any personal information over the telephone. For example, Phone numbers, schedules to anyone except staff members.
- When a staff member calls to inform us that they will be absent or late, you are to inform the supervisor on duty.
- All messages are to be taken on the appropriate message pad, and not on a scrap piece of paper.
- The hostess is a very important part of Your Restaurant’s experience. Always remember you are the first and the last person the customer sees. Therefore you are their first and last impression.
- It is of utmost importance that someone is present at the hostess station at all times.
Qualification: Degree, High schooling, or one year’s Diploma in Hotel Management or equivalent.
Experience Required :Previous experience in a similar Job role or minimum 2 years experience.|||Gujarat - Ahmedabad|||F&B Service||||||IO26l48x_DYiy7TJ|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false